Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 29, 2014

January 29, 2014
I hope everyone survived the recent cold!  It was nice to see everyone after the break.


We had art this week and students made a very cute card with pop-ups hearts to represent the story of Ruth.  Next week, we will begin working on music for the Gimmel/Dalet Shabbat on February 21.  We also will begin to write a response that students will read in the service relating to the theme.  It would be great to have everyone there to read his/her responses and participate in the service.  There is also going to be a special Saturday morning Shabbat service on February 8.  I'm excited--I like Saturday morning services.


We read a chapter about diversity in Israel in the Exploring Modern Israel textbook.  In particular, we read about Yeminite, Soviet and Ethiopian olim (immigrants).  There is a free on-line component to the book.  I will try to figure out how to get you the directions.  It doesn't really work very well to use my computer in religious school--it works so much better when I do it from home on my own network. 


Next week, we will have a concert given by the Robinson sisters--I'm looking forward to that as I hear they are excellent.


Contact me if you have questions   karenray86@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment